Thursday, February 04, 2010

Permanence

"the property of being able to exist for an indefinite duration." Being an ENFP I don't favor permanence very often. I like keeping my options open but I'm realizing (especially in the past 2 days) that sometimes it's necessary and other times you have no choice. Yesterday, my housmate's grandma passed away. They were very close and several times I joined my housemate for her daily visit with her grandma. When I came home last night, my normal chipper housemate was curled up in her bed under her grandma's blanket. I crawled in next to her as she laid on my shoulder and cried. I have never lost a close family member so I know I don't understand her pain but even the permanence was a strange concept to wrap my mind around. Her grandma will never again be in her apartment.

On a different note...I had to tell a guy that was pursuing me that I could never see us dating. "Never" is a harsh word. I don't like saying it. I understand that you must be clear and honest with people but it just seems like a knife when you sever something permanently.

2 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

these are really real feelings. the times when you say never, that you feel NOTHING, that they are gone FOREVER. keeping your options open...i get you there too...

man tiff i am having a hard time making choices. i'm deciding between heading to pa school or deferring a year. so hard....by deciding one you give up the other....permanence. bleh.

love em

Tiffany L said...

Em! Thanks for the comment! I like that we ride the same wave in life. :) What is your other option besides PA school next year?

My dad always use to tell me, "If someone asks you if you would rather go to the Fair today or the Circus next week, choose the Fair...because there is always a possibility that you can go to the Circus too."

Keep living Excessively!
Love you.