Tuesday, October 13, 2009

feeling rich

Generally I don't care for rain. Overcast days can bring my mood down but today is different. SoCal is mostly sunny so a dreary day is refreshing. I am introspective today. I feel like sitting by a window covered in rain drops and writing. So here I am. I feel content. I just had a long conversation with a good friend, received a post card from another, and got a package from my mom filled with tea, chocolate, and licorice...some of my favorites.

I have a proposal to write today to get approval for my small group to paint an old thrift store that is going under. We are going to try and revive it by giving it a major face lift inside and out. They give their profits to the nursing scholarship at Loma Linda so we would like to get them back on their feet. Soon the drab grey metal building will be bright red and white like a barn and hopefully new signage will come next.

The adult psych unit is interesting. We have patients that think they are the Hercules and Zeus, one that sees angels and demons, another that is "being followed by the pentagon because he found the solution for the world", and one that thinks all the staff members are different famous people. I'm Helen Hunt. It is never a dull day on the unit.

I can't explain the way I feel right now. It's sort of like the feeling I get when I watch the movie, "Away We Go." Do you ever feel like your life could be a movie? Or that you are watching yourself as an outsider. The soundtrack for my life right now is a Ray Lamontagne song and my day has been a contrast of melancholy feelings and happy/quirky/unexpected experiences.

I love it.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

I like how you measure "rich." In that case I would like to "Get Rich or Die Trying."