Sunday, November 09, 2008

My New Love


It has taken 24 years for us to meet but we finally did and I'm in love with dancing. This is the second weekend I've been to a local dance studio where they give an hour lesson and then open up the floor with a variety of music and steps. Tonight we learned the basics for Fox Trot and Lindy Hop Swing but also attempted Salsa, Tango, Cha cha, Rumba, Two Step, the Waltz and more. There is something so exhilarating about moving to music and allowing yourself to let loose. I danced with a bunch of people including my friend Andrea but Burt was my primary dance partner. The best part was we both didn't care if we looked ridiculous. We just made things up as we went with cheesy grins on our faces the whole time. I would love to get better and be able to look graceful on the floor. As for now, I'm happy with the exciting awkwardness of these early dates with dancing.

No comments: